|Yara Sofia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1984|
Yara Sofia is a Puerto Rican drag queen, make-up artist, reality television personality, and seamstress who rose to fame with her appearance on season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She also competed in season 1 and season 6 of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars.
Gabriel Burgos Ortiz
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Yara graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in theater from the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón in San Juan.
Drag Queen, Make-Up Artist, Reality Television Personality, Seamstress
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Yara is of Afro-Puerto Rican descent.
- Raised eyebrows
Yara Sofia Facts
- She was brought up in Manati, Puerto Rico.
- Yara began her career as a drag star at a San Juan gay nightclub Krash.
- In 2005, Yara won her first gay pageant title Miss Road to Diva.
- On January 29, 2011, Yara made her first appearance on the third season of Logo’s popular reality series, RuPaul‘s Drag Race. She rose to fame amongst fans with her makeup, wigs, contact lenses, and fashion. On May 2, 2011, at the reunion special, Sofia won the annual Miss Congeniality award.
- On October 22, 2012, she was one of 12 contestants to be chosen to be part of the cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars episode and came in at 3rd place.
- Yara was featured in the music video for the single Queen for the New York City-based girl group Xelle.
- She has appeared in various web series that include Ring My Bell, Transformations, WOW Shopping Network, Couple$ for Ca$h, Envy of My Boogie, Whatcha Packin’, and Ruvealing the Look.
- Yara released her debut single titled Jiggle! in 2021.
Featured Image By Yara Sofia / Instagram