|Siti Nurhaliza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1979|
Siti Nurhaliza is a Malaysian singer, songwriter, actor, composer, music producer, model, and businessperson who was 16 years old when she won a local singing competition show “Bintang HMI” in 1995. She subsequently made her debut in the entertainment industry and has since been a recipient of more than 300 local and international awards, including at least 42 Anugerah Industri Muzik, 25 Anugerah Bintang Popular, 28 Anugerah Planet Muzik, 21 Anugerah Juara Lagu, 4 MTV Asia Awards, 3 World Music Awards, 2 Anugerah Musik Indonesia (Indonesian Music Awards), and 2 records in the Malaysia Book of Records. She has established herself as one of the most popular artists in the Malay Archipelago and Nusantara region and her discography consists of multiple albums such as Siti Nurhaliza, Cindai, Adiwarna, Pancawarna, Safa, Sahmura, SimetriSiti, Sanggar Mustika, Prasasti Seni, E.M.A.S, Hadiah Daripada Hati, Fragmen, Transkripsi, Lentera Timur, All Your Love, Tahajjud Cinta, and Legasi. Credited as the “Voice of Asia” and “Asia’s Celine Dion“, she has been listed as one of The Muslim 500 – The World’s 500 Most Influential Muslims from the year 2015 to 2022.
Siti Nurhaliza binti Tarudin
Datin Sri, Dato’ Sri
Kampung Awah, Temerloh, Pahang, Malaysia
Siti Nurhaliza started her education at the pre-school Tabika Perkep, Balai Polis Kampung Awah.
She later got enrolled at the Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Clifford.
After completing her primary school, she got admission to the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Clifford for her secondary education.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Composer, Music Producer, Model, Businessperson
- Father – Tarudin Ismail (Police Officer)
- Mother – Siti Salmah Bachik (Housewife and Local traditional singer)
- Siblings – Siti Saerah (Sister) (Singer), Siti Nursaida (Sister), Muhammad Ali (Brother), Siti Norsaida (Sister) (Singer), Muhammad Hafiz (Brother), Saiful Bahri Tarudin (Brother) (Singer), Saiful Lizan (Brother)
She has been represented by Siti Nurhaliza Productions (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Irama Malaysia, Rap, R&B, Rock, Pop, Pop rock, R&B, Soft rock, Dance-pop, Nasheed, World
- Suria Records (1995–2005)
- Siti Nurhaliza Productions
- What’s Up Entertainment
- Universal Music
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Siti Nurhaliza has dated –
- Datuk Khalid (2006-Present) – In July 2006, Siti and her fiancé Datuk Khalid, who is a well-known entrepreneur, announced that they were going to get married in August. Siti was widely criticized for getting married to a much older man with four sons. It was also claimed that Siti was responsible for Khalid’s separation from Tengku Zawyah Tengku Izham. Later, there was criticism about their over-the-top and lavish wedding. Some sources claimed that they had spent somewhere around 4 million dollars on the wedding. She suffered a miscarriage 2 months into her pregnancy in December 2015. In October 2017, she took to her social media account to reveal that she was expecting their first child. Their daughter named Siti Aafiyah Khalid was born on March 19, 2018, via cesarean section. Later, on December 1, 2020, she announced on social media that she was 4 months pregnant and gave birth to the couple’s 2nd child, a son named Muhammad Afwa Khalid, on April 19, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Malays ancestry.
- Round face
- Puffy cheeks
Siti has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mitsubishi Motors
- TM Net
Best Known For
Being one of the bestselling and most successful singers in the Malaysian music industry. In fact, in 2001, her album sales were a 10% portion of the overall record sales. She has sold over 5 million records in the course of her career.
- In 1996, she released her first Malaysian/Indonesian studio album, Siti Nurhaliza I. She had got an opportunity to record the album after having won Bintang HMI 1995, a singing competition organized by RTM.
- Her first English language studio album was All Your Love, which was released in 2011.
In 2009, she gave her voice to the Kunang-Kunang character in Kelip-Kelip.
She herself has not appeared in theatrical films.
First TV Show
In 1995, Siti made her first TV show appearance on the talent show, Bintang RTM.
Siti Nurhaliza Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – SimplySiti Compact Powder, Eyebrow Liner, and Lipstick
Source – Lipstiq
Siti Nurhaliza Facts
- At the age of 12, she sang Bahtera Merdeka at the Merdeka Day Singing Contest, which was a local patriotic song competition. She went on to win the contest. It was one of her first biggest wins.
- When she was studying in school, she often used to participate in netball competitions. She even participated in the netball competition held at the Fiesta Media Idola 2006.
- While growing up, her family was poor. At the age of 9, she had to get up at 4 a.m. to assist her mother in making kuih (a Malaysian snack), which her mother used to sell in the neighborhood.
- While growing up, she often used to accompany her uncle Abdul Rahim Bachik to perform at private events such as dinner parties and wedding ceremonies.
- She started learning how to sing traditional songs from her mother at the age of 12.
- At the age of 14, she auditioned for the star search show, Asia Bagus but failed to make it to the main stages of the show.
- When she signed her first record contract with Suria Records, she had turned down 4 major international companies including Warner Music, BMG Music, and Sony Music.
- At the age of 19, she established her own production company Siti Nurhaliza Productions (M) Sdn. Bhd. She has also founded 4 subsidiary companies – Siti Nurhaliza Collections Sdn. Bhd., Siti Nurhaliza Marketing Sdn. Bhd., Siti Sound Sdn. Bhd. and SN Mobile Digital Sdn. Bhd.
- She performed during the closing ceremony of the 1998 Commonwealth Games in front of Queen Elizabeth II and her consort, Prince Philip, among other dignitaries and officials from 70 countries including those from the Commonwealth of Nations.
- She has started her exclusive range of tea under the label of Ctea, which is a Malaysian tea that is cultivated on Mount Kinabalu, Sabah. The tea comes in two flavors – Pandan and Geranium Special.
- Siti has started her beauty care and cosmetics brand, Simply Siti Sdn. Bhd. She serves as the president of the company.
Featured Image by Azrol Azmi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0