|Romee Strijd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1995|
Romee Strijd is a Dutch model, social media personality, YouTuber, and content creator who became a Victoria’s Secret Angel in 2015 and has also worked with the likes of Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Prada, Christopher Kane, Jeremy Scott, Michael Kors, Balmain, Burberry, Phillip Lim, Off White, Louis Vuitton, Rag & Bone, Prabal Gurung, Isabel Marant, Nina Ricci, Jil Sander, Vera Wang, H&M, Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera, and DKNY. She has appeared on the cover of magazines including Vogue Netherlands, Vogue Spain, Vogue Girl Korea, Elle Netherlands, Harper’s Bazaar Greece, Elle Italy, Vogue Turkey, Elle UK, French Revue De Modes, Maxim USA, and others. In addition to that, Romee Strijd joined YouTube with her channel on July 16, 2017, and the channel has accrued a huge fan base of more than 2 million subscribers.
Zoetermeer, South Holland, Netherlands
New York, United States
Fashion/Runway Model, Social Media Personality, YouTuber, Content Creator
- Father – Marcel Strijd
- Mother – Saskia Bennis
- Sibling – Ise Strijd (Younger Sister)
- Others – Ronald Augustinus Johannes Strijd (Paternal Grandfather), Annie Schimmel (Paternal Grandmother), Joop Bennis (Maternal Grandfather), Gerrie de Bruin (Maternal Grandmother)
Romee Strijd has been signed to these modeling agencies –
- IMG Models – Los Angeles
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – New York
- DNA Model Management – New York
- Viva Model Management – London
- Wilma Wakker – Amsterdam (Mother Agency)
- Why Not Model Management – Milan
- Viva Model Management – Barcelona
- Viva Model Management – Paris
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Romee Strijd has dated –
- Laurens Van Leeuwen (2009-Present) – Romee started dating model Laurens Van Leeuwen in 2009. They are believed to have met via Laurens’s younger sister who was already friends with Romee. In May 2020, they announced that they were expecting their first child together and their daughter, Mint van Leeuwen was born in December 2020. The couple got engaged in January 2022 during a getaway to the Swiss Alps.
Race / Ethnicity
Romee Strijd is of Dutch, Belgian, and German descent.
31-23-33 in or 79-58.5-84 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
H&M, Donna Karan, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, Giuseppe Zanotti, and others.
Best Known For
Working with famous brands and designers and walking the 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
First Fashion Show
Romee debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2012 fashion show and walked for Alexander McQueen, Balmain, Burberry Prorsum, Cacharel, Céline, Christopher Kane, Giambattista Valli, Hakaan, Isabel Marant, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Loewe, Nina Ricci, Prada, Roland Mouret, and Yves Saint Laurent.
She appeared in Victoria’s Secret Fashion 2014. To prepare for the show physically, she underwent a 4-day boxing camp in Tulum. Romee took the help from New York City’s Aerospace gym owner and trainer Michael Olajide, Jr.
She works out daily without missing a single day. But, there is one thing, she doesn’t like, and that is Romee does not like to exercise all by herself. So, she goes to classes every day. She goes to SLT, Aerospace gym, does Ballet Beautiful, and Pilates.
But due to her modeling career, she does not get to stay in one place for long. She is traveling most of the time. So, Romee does her workout in her hotel gym, if possible. For instance, she would do 30 minutes of cardio (running) followed by 15 minutes of rope skipping, followed by 15 minutes of ab exercises.
If she is free in the evening, she also gets to tune into Mary Helen Bowers’s 7:30 p.m. Ballet Beautiful Live virtual fitness classes via her computer.
She keeps herself hydrated by drinking lots of water. She listens to songs while working out to motivate and push her to exercise more. Here is her workout playlist.
Regarding diet, she eats healthy stuff. That doesn’t mean, she does not get cravings. She gets, but Romee feels better and full of energy if she eats healthy stuff. Before a fashion show, she strictly doesn’t indulge in junk food.
She keeps changing her eating plan. Romee eats stuff like almond butter, fresh fruits, yogurt, and seeds on a typical day.
Refueling the body after a workout session is a must. And, Romee knows that. Hence, she eats an apple, some nuts, a smoothie, or juice.
Her afternoon meal and evening meals are mostly cooked by her such as baked chicken or fish with lots of veggies and spices.
Romee Strijd Favorite Things
- VS Angel – All of them
- Designers – Isabel Marant
Source – Fashionista.com, Harper’sBazaar.com
Romee Strijd Facts
- She debuted in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 along with fellow Dutch model Imaan Hammam.
- She is not the first Dutch model to appear in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Other models like Doutzen Kroes, Maud Welzen (first ran in VS show in 2012 for their PINK line), etc. have already made it into this annual show.
- She likes to work in Victoria’s Secret fashion shows. Unlike other fashion shows, she can smile or even send a kiss on the catwalk, here, in VS show. So, it’s rather fun.
- After Victoria’s Secret casting for the VS show in 2014, Romee treated herself to a little carrot cake, which her boyfriend brought up for her.
- Romee likes cooking. She makes things like healthy muffins and banana bread.
- She is friends with models Bette Franke, Anna de Rijk, Daphne Groeneveld, and Erjona Ala.
- In 2009, she started modeling locally.
- Romee looks up to the career of Bette Franke as Bette is from the same mother agency as her. Also, she has done big fashion jobs and is grounded.
- She has struggled with PCOS for years and stated that her weight and high-intensity workouts due to her modeling career weren’t good for her body. After she started taking care of her health, she finally got her period back after 7 years.