|Cat Deeley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1976|
Cat Deeley is an English actress and television presenter who is best known for having served as the host of TV shows such as SMTV Live, Fame Academy, Stars in Their Eyes, So You Think You Can Dance, The Choice, Big Star Little Star, Sing: Ultimate A Cappella, and many more. She has also appeared on shows such as Life’s Too Short, House of Lies, Deadbeat, and The Simpsons. In September 2020, Cat published her first book, a picture book for children titled The Joy in You.
Catherine Elizabeth Deeley
Cat, Catherine Huston, Catherine Whelan
West Bromwich, West Midlands, England
Los Angeles, California, United States
Cat Deeley went to the Grove Vale Junior School in Birmingham and also studied at the Dartmouth High School in Great Barr.
In the sixth form, she got enrolled at Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School in Sutton Coldfield.
Actress, model, TV presenter
- Father – Howard Deeley
- Mother – Janet Deeley
- Siblings – Max Deeley (Brother)
Cat Deeley is represented by
- Silver Lining Entertainment.
- Los Angeles-based publicist agency, PMK*BNC.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cat Deeley has dated
- Huey Morgan (2000-2001) – Cat reportedly started dating musician Huey Morgan in 2000. They were pretty open about their relationship and were spotted together at numerous public events. They broke up after a year.
- Mark Whelan (2001-2006) – Cat began dating PR executive Mark Whelan in 2001. Their relationship seemed pretty solid till 2006 when they decided to go separate ways. Cat’s decision to move to Los Angeles for career growth in the show business was responsible for their breakup as they struggled to cope with a long distance relationship.
- Jack Huston (2008-2011) – The actress hooked up with Twilight fame actor Jack Huston in September 2008. They reportedly met through mutual friends. In May 2010, it was revealed that their relationship had run its course. However, they made a couple of public appearances to prove that they were very much together. However, a month later, Cat’s spokesperson revealed that they had ended their 20-month long relationship.
- Michael McMillian (2011) – Cat was going out with actor Michael McMillian in 2011. The rumors of their relationship first surfaced in June after they were pictured embracing in a café in Los Angeles. They never officially confirmed their relationship. However, their dates at upscale eateries in Los Angeles and their social media behavior left little doubt about their relationship. They separated in November 2011.
- Patrick Kielty (2011-Present) – In early 2012, Northern Irish comedian Patrick Kielty revealed that he was in a relationship with Cat. They had first become friends while presenting Fame Academy Awards in 2002. In September 2012, they got married in a secret ceremony in Rome. In September 2015, Cat revealed that she was expecting their first child. She gave birth to a son, Milo in January 2016. They also have a son named James Patrick Kielty.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde locks
- Strong chin
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
Cat Deeley has appeared in TV commercials for
- Pantene Shampoo range in 2010-2011.
- Walkers crisps with Gary Lineker in 2009.
- Garnier haircare range in 2005-2006.
- Marks & Spencer in 2002
- Lloyds TSB in 2001
In 2014, she served as a co-host for the infomercial Crawford’s Meaningful Beauty Advanced along with Cindy Crawford.
Cat has a religious affiliation to the Anglican faith. However, she hasn’t been christened.
Best Known For
Having served as a host of the dance reality show, So You Think You Can Dance. Cat has garnered 5 Primetime Emmy Award nominations for the show.
In 2014, she made her theatrical film debut by lending her voice to the character of Amy in the family movie, Lucky Dog.
First TV Show
In 1998, Cat made her first TV show appearance as herself in the British children series, SMTV Live.
Cat Deeley maintains a very healthy and active lifestyle to keep herself in shape. She practices yoga 4 times a week and tries to go hiking almost every day. When she has a busy schedule, Cat makes sure to go for a 20-minute hike session. She also indulges in horse riding and other beach activities.
Regarding diet, Cat tries to eat healthy even though, she adores cheese and wine. When she indulges in her guilty pleasures, she goes for a longer hike.
She likes to have hot water and lemon first thing in the morning. For her meals,
- She prefers a grapefruit and a cup of coffee for breakfast.
- Chicken or fish with salad is her preferred choice for lunch.
- She goes for a giant Caprese salad for dinner.
Cat Deeley Favorite Things
- Clothing Item – Scarves
- Work of Art – Spot paintings by Damien Hirst
- Movie – True Romance (1993)
- Wine – Pinot noir
- Secret Crush – Elvis Presley
- Hair Product – Pantene BB Crème
Source – Independent, Cosmopolitan
Cat Deeley Facts
- Cat first started having dreams of being a TV show host at age 7.
- While studying at Dartmouth High School, she played the clarinet in the Sandwell Youth Concert Band.
- When she was 14, Cat participated in the regional edition of a BBC competition for The Clothes Show. She managed to reach the national finals of the show.
- At 16, she was discovered by a scout from Storm Modeling Agency.
- She decided to use Cat as her professional name because it would make it easier for her clients to book her.
- In 1997, she was hired as a TV presenter for MTV UK. For her auditions, she had sent a tape recorded using her parent’s camcorder.
- Cat Deeley was the winner of the Children’s BAFTA Award in 2001.
- In 2001 and 2002, the FHM magazine placed her on the #7 and #12 spots in the “100 Sexiest Girls Of the Year” list after conducting a poll.
- Cat Deeley serves as a patron of London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital, a position which she has held since 2003.
- At the UNICEF benefit show in Los Angeles in 2007, the famed magician David Copperfield used her for his famous Buzz Saw illusion in which she was sawed in half.
- She has been associated with UNICEF from a long time and in 2009, she was made their UK Ambassador. She has visited UNICEF projects in various countries to do the activism work.
- Cat’s Los Angeles house originally belonged to Marilyn Monroe.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0